Here are the step-by-step instructions to download thesis from Krishikosh which is the institutional repository of ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research):
Krishikosh is an open access digital repository hosted by NAARM (National Academy of Agricultural Research Management), Hyderabad on behalf of ICAR. It aims to provide access to all agricultural research documents including theses produced in India’s agricultural universities.
The following are the steps to download thesis/dissertation available in Krishikosh:
- Go to the Krishikosh website https://krishi.icar.gov.in/. The homepage will appear.
- Click on ‘Search Collections’ given at the top navigation bar. A text box will appear to enter search keywords.
- Enter relevant keywords like author name, thesis title keywords, university name, year etc. and click ‘Go’. This will display search results.
- Browse through the search results and locate the required thesis record. The thesis record page will contain bibliographic details of the thesis like author name, title, university, keywords, year, guide etc.
- To download the full-text thesis PDF, click on the PDF icon under ‘Full Text is Available’ section. The PDF will open in a new tab for viewing/downloading.
- Some older thesis records may just contain bibliographic details without a direct link to download PDF. In such cases, note down the author name, title and university details from the record.
- Go to the university website providing the link for institutional repository or library OPAC catalogue search. Mostly agricultural universities maintain their electronic theses collection in their institutional repositories.
- Search for the thesis using the author name, title or other identifiers in the university’s institutional repository or library OPAC. This should display the thesis record with a download link.
- Click on the download link to save the required thesis PDF locally on your computer. The file size of thesis PDFs may range from 2MB to 30MB depending on number of pages and images included.
- You can also search for thesis using multiple keywords, advance search options, filter by university, year ranges available on Krishikosh website to locate the required thesis easily.
- In case the full-text is not available in Krishikosh or university repository, you may need to visit the university library in person and obtain a printed/photocopy version depending on their rules.
- Properly cite the thesis in your bibliography or reference section as per the recommended academic referencing style once you download and use information/data from it.
I hope these step-by-step instructions help you to effectively locate and download the thesis PDF available in Krishikosh or respective university repositories. Let me know if you need any clarification or have additional questions!